Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Moment to Reflect on Obama



I have to say this, mostly because of the reactions I witnessed at my place of employment this morning. I saw weeping, fretting, and panicking. I saw several people in small groups being counseled on the coming of the END TIMES!

I found myself literally laughing down the hall to myself at the ridiculous behavior of grown people whom are well educated! Then it occurred to me that the majority of the people who surround me each day are conservative republicans holding dear to the golden age of the post WWII 50's! I am sorry but those days were great and they have clearly passed us by and we are living in the new world of incredible change, exponential changes that are pushing us all past our limits. We are drowning in information and there is no way any one man can possibly discriminate between credible and false accounts. This forces us to use filters to get the bottom line (CNN) mostly but even if you are one of the few and actually research critical issues, again your fast pace life reduces your time to do this and sooner or later you succumb to one liners.

Bottom line;

If the world is coming to an end because a black man is in the white house, then we were on the brink of destruction way before he arrived. Obama is a motivated MAN, who can unite people of all racial and SPIRITUAL backgrounds and establish dialogue with our friends and enemies! Any soldier can tell you that changing people's minds with an M16 only results with killing the weak and creating more enemies! Communication with the world in a respectful way (speak softly and carry a big stick) is the only way our children will succeed and have any chance in this changing world.


Concerned American,

John R Hill

No comments: